Our Certified Surgery Center
Our office includes a Certified Surgery Center which is a fully accredited Class C Operating Room and Procedure Room where the majority of our surgery can be completed. Our Ambulatory Surgery Center is licensed by the State of Maryland, certified by Medicare, and accredited by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF). In addition, our surgical center is approved and participates with almost every insurance plan including Medicare and Tricare
Accreditation assures the public that extra steps have been taken to promote patient safety
AAAASF accreditation programs help facilities demonstrate a strong commitment to patient safety, standardize quality, maintain fiscal responsibility, promote services to patients and collaborate with other health care leaders. AAAASF provides official recognition to facilities that have met 100% of its high standards. Accreditation assures the public that patient safety is top priority in a facility. An accredited facility must comply with the most stringent set of applicable standards available in the nation and meet our strict requirements for facility directors, medical specialist certification and staff credentials. It also must pass a thorough survey by qualified AAAASF surveyors. An accredited facility must be fully equipped to perform procedures in the medical specialties listed on its accreditation application.
We maintain the highest standards for outpatient accreditation
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) was established in 1980 to standardize and improve the quality of health care in outpatient facilities. AAAASF accredits thousands of facilities world-wide, making it one of the largest not-for-profit outpatient accrediting organizations. Physicians, clinicians, legislators, state/federal health agencies and patients acknowledge that AAAASF sets the “Gold Standard in Accreditation.”
- AAAASF holds outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- AAAASF requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- AAAASF requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- AAAASF requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- AAAASF requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for thousands of individual cases.
- AAAASF works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- AAAASF champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.
John (Anesthesia), Kim (RN), Liz (RN), Dr. Michael Vincent