“Mommy Makeover” Surgery
Mommy Makeover Surgery, also known as post-pregnancy surgery or Postpartum Cosmetic Surgery. Click the above image for more complete information.
A “mommy makeover” is any combination of cosmetic surgery procedures that restore your before-pregnancy appearance, typically focusing on the breasts and abdomen. A typical makeover might include a tummy tuck, a breast procedure such as an augmentation, lift or reduction and liposuction of the legs, arms or trunk. The term “mommy makeover” may be new, but the surgical procedures involved have a long, successful, and safe track record.
When to Consider Mommy Makeover Surgery
- If your pregnancy has negatively affected the size and shape of your breasts
- If you’re distressed about your sagging tummy and stretch marks
- If pockets of fat on your waist, abdomen, arms or thighs do not improve with diet and exercise
Considerations for “Mommy Makeover” Cosmetic Surgery
Pros Cosmetic Surgery
- Restores a more youthful bust and flat tummy
- Your clothes and swimwear will fit better
- Helps you return to a more youthful-looking body appearance
Cons Cosmetic Surgery
- If you get breast implants, they will require monitoring and possibly replacement.
- Pregnancy following these surgeries may compromise results.
- Weight gain following these surgeries may compromise results.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering “mommy makeover” surgery. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Are you a good candidate for “Mommy Makeover” Surgery?
Mommy makeover surgery is designed to reverse the physical changes associated with childbearing and aging. If childbirth has left you with the following characteristics, consider undergoing a mommy makeover:
- You have sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the dark skin surrounding the nipple).
- Your breasts have become so much larger after childbirth that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
- Your tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become thick and undefined.
- You had a C-section and now you have areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar.
- You have excess fat in the love-handle area as well as in the hips and thighs.
- You have early signs of aging in your face and around the eyes.
If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this cosmetic surgery procedure. Mommy makeover is any series of cosmetic surgery procedures meant to refresh and renew your body affected by childbirth. Every effort will be made to make the incisions used for cosmetics surgery as small and inconspicuous as possible. Plastic surgeons are adept with cosmetic surgery and hiding the scars.
What are my cosmetic surgery options?
You have many cosmetic surgery options, beginning with your choice of which procedures to undergo.
- Tummy Tuck/abdominoplasty
- Liposuction/Body Contouring
- Breast Lift and/or Breast Reduction
- Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants
- Combination of Breast Lift with Breast Implants)
A Tummy Tuck is where skin is drawn downward, excess is removed and a new opening is made for your belly button. The incision stretches from hip to hip just above the pubic area. This will leave a scar that falls along the natural crease within the bikini line. Its length and visibility varies.
Cosmetic Surgery of the Abdomen (Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty)
Cosmetic Surgery for the Hips, Waist, and Thighs (Liposuction/Fat Reduction)
Liposuction of Thighs, Tummy, Waist and Hips. Liposuction incisions are small and placed in hidden areas as possible
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Breast Lift Incision Options. Breast lifts are considered cosmetic surgery procedures. We do our best to conceal some incision lines in natural breast contours, but others will be visible on the breast surface. Although incision lines are permanent, in most cases they will fade and significantly improve over time.
Patient underwent Cosmetic Surgery of her breasts (Breast Lift or Mastopexy)
Breast Reduction (Includes a Breast Lift)
Breast Reduction Incision Options. There are at least four different incision patterns. Your pattern will depend on the size of your breasts, how much your breasts sag, and where your nipple-areola complex is positioned on your breast. Breast reduction surgery may be covered by your health insurance plan. The practice of Michael P. Vincent MD FACS participates with almost health insurance plans and we will verify for you.
Patient underwent bilateral Breast Reduction
Breast implants include Round Breast Implants, Anatomic Shaped Breast Implants, Smooth Breast Implants, Textured Breast Implants, Silicone Gel Breast Implants, “Gummy Bear” Silicone Gel Breast Implants, and Saline Breast Implants
Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants
Breast Lift with Breast Implants
Selecting a Surgeon for your Cosmetic Surgery
Select a surgeon you can trust for your Cosmetic Surgery
It’s important to choose your surgeon based on:
- Education, training, and certification
- Experience with mommy makeover procedures and other cosmetic surgery
- Your comfort level with him or her
Members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are experienced and qualified to perform your aesthetic or cosmetic surgery procedure. Learn how to select a surgeon for your Cosmetic Surgery.
After finding a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who is experienced in performing mommy makeovers, you will need to make an office appointment for your consultation. Generally, because of the in-depth nature of the consultation, there is a cost associated with the initial visit, which is sometimes deducted from the price of the procedure.
“Mommy Makeover” Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery of the abdomen and breasts)